Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Journey through Journaling at Red Bow

Just look at what I was able to do my very first class...
One rainy day in April, a friend and I stopped in to Red Bow studio to say hello and ask if we could post something in the window for the Sea Cliff Beach committee.  After spending five minutes with Patricia and absorbing the creativity, warmth and beauty of her Red Bow studio and all of her work, I was hooked.  I wanted to do more, learn more, explore in more depth the part of me that I had been neglecting for quite some time.

I asked Patricia if she could help me and she told me about the journaling class she was about to start up.  Immediately, I signed up.  So, for the past several Tuesdays from 7 - 9 pm, I visit with Patricia and several other creative women at Red Bow and we work on projects that we post to our journal.

At first, I was very nervous - could I do what Patricia was asking us to do?  Will it turn out poorly?  With some gentle instruction, a little lesson in watercolors, brushes and techniques, I created some of the most beautiful images that I have ever created.  Patricia suggested how to enhance what I began and was so supportive of me.

Over the course of 5 weeks, I have had the pleasure of creating with Patricia and her other 'students', both very young and older and everyone leaves with a smile on their face, a little peace in their heart and several lovely images in their journal.

For those who desire to tap that maybe-forgotten inner creative genius, I highly recommend the Tuesday night journaling workshop.

3 comments:

  1. i love this post! how fabulous to read a participant's thoughts... keep it up, both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne- Lovely post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I love every minute at Red Bow!

    ReplyDelete